We all need a little TLC now and then, and so do your frames.
Before you dive in, you'll need to arm yourself with a few vital tools:
- Non-acidic soap
- lukewarm water
- A (clean) soft cloth
To clean both your frames and lenses:
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
- Hold the frame by the nose bridge or temple.
- Take a small bowl of lukewarm water with a dash of soap.
- Wipe the lenses with a clean, damp cloth.
- Start making gentle, circular movements in the lens from the outside to the inside.
- Repeat until you see that the lenses are clean again.
- Very gently start cleaning the frames.
- Take a dry cloth and ensure there is no water left behind.
Avoid doing the following:
- Don’t dry with heat (hairdryer, etc)
- Don’t clean with solvents
- Don’t make jerky movements when cleaning
- Don’t leave glasses in direct sunlight
- Don’t leave glasses wet for too long
- Don’t clean with a dirty cloth
- Don’t use too much liquid when cleaning
- Don’t leave it too long before you wash your glasses
Need extra help? Drop by your nearest store, where our staff will give your frames a proper cleaning with an ultrasonic cleaning device, and colored/dirty nose pads can be replaced with new ones.